The stage is set for Parramatta Riverside Theatres transformation into Western Sydney’s pre-eminent arts and cultural precinct, with City of Parramatta Council recently approving the business case for its redevelopment. Hawkridge Entertainment Services completed the business case for the City of Parramatta.
The redevelopment for the Riverside Theatre intends to deliver:
- a new 1,350 seat proscenium arch commercial theatre that can stage international productions
- a new 430 seat “black box” multi-mode drama-studio theatre
- an upgrade of the present 760 seat Riverside Playhouse Theatre
- a new 75 seat digital and development studio/screening space
- two full scale rehearsal spaces and refurbished back-of-house technical and performance spaces
- all venues will have state-of-the-art technical fittings and equipment
- Significantly enhanced foyer, food and beverage and artist support amenities.
The total seating capacity will increase from 1067 to 2610 seats (approx. 245% increase on current capacity).
The City of Parramatta is seeking additional funding from state and federal governments, as well as philanthropic contributions, to support its significant investment in the project. The Riverside redevelopment was one of 36 projects Council put forward for funding from the NSW Government’s WestInvest grants program.
The community can have their say on the planning proposal for the Riverside Theatres site until 2 February, ahead of the launch of a design excellence competition in 2023.
For more information, click here.
How we help
Hawkridge Entertainment Services provides a range of services for organisations including strategic analysis, feasibility development and business case writing. Some of our recent projects are:
- Report on the economic contribution of Music Venues in NSW
- Coffs Harbour Community and Cultural Facilities Plan 2021-2031
- Business case for the Wollondilly Performing Arts Centre
- Operational review of the Paranaple Convention Centre
Hawkridge Entertainment Services delivers successful outcomes by finding solutions to complex issues. We listen to stakeholders and complete tasks in the timeframes required.
Other similar projects completed by Hawkridge Entertainment Services are available here.