The Strategic Review advised Wollondilly Shire Council the most appropriate type of performance venue for the new development which is being undertaken as part of the Wollondilly Community, Cultural & Civic Precinct project in Picton. It also included preliminary operational financial modelling for the first year of operation.
Summary of Services Delivered
The study was divided into a number of key actions which are described in the following detail.
• Meeting/discussion with council Project Manager and key staff.
• Documentation review.
Review of Market
• Venue mapping across the region and analysis of their position in the market;
• Analysis of hirers in region categorised into performance genres/types;
• Current market position and the potential for growth including likelihood to attract additional community and commercial activity;
• Description of the product/service the venue will deliver including:
o likely user groups; and
o audience groups.
Analysis of Requirements
• Review of hirers to understand venue technical requirements;
• Outline in detail of what the space should comprise including but not limited to back of house and front of house facilities, technical requirements, stage size etc.;
• Recommendations for design elements not currently outlined.
• Outline of proposed business objectives both in the short and long term;
• Development of the organisational/management structure of any facility;
• Establish a draft annual budget to reflect estimated ongoing costs for council.
• Draft to Council for review;
• Report alterations as required;
• Delivery of Final Report.
Architect firm Williams Ross have worked with local and state government and not-for-profit organisations to provide community facilities, specialising in sports and recreation, cultural and educational projects.
Their designs have won awards in Australia and New Zealand and the team is focused on creating spaces that are beautiful and sustainable.
Hawkridge Entertainment Services delivers successful outcomes by finding solutions to complex issues. We listen to stakeholders and complete tasks in the timeframes required.
Other similar projects completed by Hawkridge Entertainment Services are available here.