The study investigated the likelihood of sporting teams, squads and individuals from Asia and the Pacific regions utilising the facilities at the International Centre for Training Excellence and the Blacktown International Sports Park. It was delivered through a strategic analysis of the potential markets and subsequently discussions with a selection of representatives from various teams, agents/intermediaries and high-performance professionals to understand if the ICTE project undertaken by Blacktown City Council has the core infrastructure that is required to attract international teams and athletes on a regular basis.
- Mapping of Leagues and Teams across Asia and the Pacific;
- Review of Access Channels;
- Market Soundings with a range of sporting organisations and individuals across the entire Asian and Pacific regions including on location in:
- Hong Kong;
- Australia; and
- South Korea.
as well as discussions with organisations in:
- Fiji; and
- New Zealand.
- Discussion with High-Performance Experts; and
- Delivery of Final Report.