The Sydney Fringe Festival engaged Hawkridge Entertainment Services to calculate the potential additional economic impact that a new activation would deliver. Each year the impact of the Sydney Fringe Festival is measured through surveys and an economic impact assessment.
The report analysed the following:
- Total (gross) and created (net) expenditure in Sydney supported by the Sydney Fringe Festival for 2019 (consistent with the analysis performed for 2018 and previous years).
- Employment and gross state product supported by the Sydney Fringe Festival for 2018 and 2019 (building on and extending previous jobs analysis).
- Estimates of the social benefits supported by the Sydney Fringe Festival outside of direct expenditure and tourism benefits.
- Modelling of the future impacts of the Sydney Fringe Festival.
Due to their unique delivery models, Fringe Festivals bring together and concentrate numbers of people for multiple points of engagement. Fringe Festivals have economic value and impact that is substantial and can often produce economic outcomes well beyond the benefits offered in other activities and industries.
The Sydney Fringe Festival is the largest independent arts festival in New South Wales. It delivers over 450 events presented in over 70 venues across Greater Sydney each year. Each September culture creators from all over the city join forces with the Festival to share Sydney’s stories presenting new work from all genres. Outside of festival time the organisation activates unused space creating new cultural infrastructure and precincts.
Hawkridge Entertainment Services delivers successful outcomes by finding solutions to complex issues. We listen to stakeholders and complete tasks in the timeframes required.
Hawkridge Entertainment Services provides a range of services for organisations including strategic analysis, feasibility development and business case writing. Some of our recent projects are:
- Report on the economic contribution of Music Venues in NSW
- Coffs Harbour Community and Cultural Facilities Plan 2021-2031
- Economic impact of the Alex Theatre, St Kilda
- Analysis of Venue Booking Software for Ryde City Council
Other similar projects completed by Hawkridge Entertainment Services are available here.