Hawkridge Entertainment Services recently completed the Parramatta Riverside Theatres Business Case for the City of Parramatta. The business case was developed with input from BIS Oxford Economics who completed a Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) for the project.
The Redevelopment Concept Proposal
In May 2022, the City of Parramatta Council approved the concept proposal validation work for the redevelopment of Riverside Theatres. It also included permission to proceed with the development of a detailed business case, project plan and budget for Council’s review.
The Riverside Theatres Redevelopment Concept Proposal outlines Council’s vision for a major upgrade and significant expansion of Riverside Theatres. The upgrade includes new venues and increased capacity at the existing site. Council agreed to begin exploring design options, developing functional specifications and validating cost estimates. It will also prepare for the launch of a Design Competition, which will follow approval of the Business Case.
The proposed redevelopment concept plan will see Riverside Theatres’ capacity more than double and include:
- the addition of a 1,350-seat lyric theatre;
- refurbishment of the 760-seat Riverside Playhouse Theatre;
- an all-new 430-seat drama theatre; and
- a new 75-seat digital studio / digital cinema.
How we help
Hawkridge Entertainment Services provides a range of services for organisations including strategic analysis, feasibility development and business case writing. Some of our recent projects are:
- Report on the economic contribution of Music Venues in NSW
- Coffs Harbour Community and Cultural Facilities Plan 2021-2031
- Business case for the Wollondilly Performing Arts Centre
- Operational review of the Paranaple Convention Centre
Hawkridge Entertainment Services delivers successful outcomes by finding solutions to complex issues. We listen to stakeholders and complete tasks in the timeframes required.
Other similar projects completed by Hawkridge Entertainment Services are available here.